All water systems are affected by particulate fouling of one type or another resulting in:
- Increased legionella risk
- Increased energy costs
- Increased production cycle times
- Increased maintenance costs
- Increased water treatment costs
- Lost Production time
Particulate is often drawn into water system as airborne matter as would be the case where there is a cooling tower in the circuit or in the case of a closed chilled water system it is often the result of corrosion within the system. Other fouling can result from the process contamination and in many instances can be simply and effectively removed by the installation of a filter.
Cyclone filters are very effective at removing particulate that is heavier than water. They are economic and easy to install plus there are no moving parts to wear out:
- No screens or filter elements to clean or replace
- Virtually maintenance free
- No backwashing required resulting in very low water loss
- Low and steady pressure drop
Where absolute filtration is required Vistech are able to provide a coil filtration solution. All of our backwashing coil filters are based on the unique ‘zero gravity’ filter coil. This coil is made in stainless steel and has small raised ‘nidges’ on the surface to create a precise filtration gap. The coil opens evenly when backwashing allowing for a complete backwash along its whole length. The filter coil comes in a number of micron sizes from 10 to 400 microns along with options for automatic and timed backwash features.
- Absolute filtration from 10 to 400 microns
- No interruption to system flow during backwash
- Fully automatic
- Suitable for temperatures up to 90oc
- 100% clean with every backwash
For more information about our filtration solutions, please feel free to contact us.